CrossRealms is a fast-growing Chicago-based IT Managed Services and solutions provider comprised of certified expert consultants, engineers, and business team members. We specialize in designing customized, enterprise-class solutions that are comprehensive, resilient, and scalable. Through our technology expertise and proven track record of transformative results for companies large and small, we aim to build long-term relationships and are committed to meeting and exceeding client needs. Our services and solutions are in use by a wide variety of industries, including legal, manufacturing, healthcare, and more.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Network Engineer for one of our clients based in downtown Chicago. This is a great opportunity!
Hybrid Work Model
On-site 3-4 days required
M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Contract to Hire
Senior Network Engineer is to design, implement, manage, and maintain company’s enterprise grade network infrastructure. The Sr. Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol devices, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. The job requires extensive hands-on experience with enterprise class networks coupled with some managerial and project management skills consisting of Cisco and Palo Alto networking devices. WAN connectivity is via IPsec, MPLS and/or Azure Infrastructure.
- Manage network infrastructure consisting of Palo Alto and Cisco.
- Install and configure firewalls, switches, wireless and other networking devices
- Conducting network performance and integrity tests; generate reports
- Help developing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Timely resolve escalated network related support issues
- Develop and maintain complete technical documentation
- Interact with business partners providing network engineering support
- Ability to execute multiple projects, meeting hard deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- At least 5 years of networking experience in an enterprise networking environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Extensive hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- Considerable experience implementing WAN solutions such as MPLS, SD-WAN, etc.
- Experience with communication and routing protocols such an BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF
- Familiarity with network monitoring and analysis tools like PRTG and SolarWinds
- Hands-on experience with cloud solutions such as Azure and AWS a plus.
- Excellent leadership and time management skills