CrossRealms is a fast-growing Chicago-based IT Managed Services and solutions provider comprised of certified expert consultants, engineers, and business team members. We specialize in designing customized, enterprise-class solutions that are comprehensive, resilient, and scalable. Through our technology expertise and proven track record of transformative results for companies large and small, we aim to build long-term relationships and are committed to meeting and exceeding client needs. Our services and solutions are in use by a wide variety of industries, including legal, manufacturing, healthcare, and more.
Cyber Security Specialist
As a Cyber Security Specialist, you will ensure systems are in place to provide a secure environment. Use industry knowledge to not only suggest best practices but to also put them in place. Expected to have a solid foundation in managing information security policies and a hands-on role that requires a high degree of technical security expertise in ensuring security policies and controls.
- Ensure the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations
- Provide support and engineering for web and email proxies, SIEM, vulnerability management, cloud environments, IDS / IPS and firewall reviews
- Identify and analyze potential threat activity targeting client networks via monitoring systems, alerts, vulnerabilities, SIEM tools and network traffic.
- Harden the configuration of devices and networks utilizing best practice with minimal interruption.
- Conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities
- Respond to and resolve or escalate security and networking incidents.
- Interact with stakeholders and possess the ability to influence direction, articulate risks and sell secure solutions
- Generate best practices for the technology or tool.
- Take initiative to determine how a system should work and make improvements of its usage.
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years in IT and security for an enterprise-level organization.
- IT security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CEH or similar)
- Advanced to expert-level knowledge and understanding of enterprise security best practices, security engineering and integration as required.
Job Type: Fulltime
Job Location: Chicago (onsite – Chicagoland based applicants only)